Order cut-off times: Friday 9am for Sunday delivery & Tuesday 9am for Wednesday delivery. CHEFS CHOICE ROTATING MENU
Menu Being Delivered On December 3rd & 6th
Israeli Chicken with Sumac Roasted Cabbage & Mushrooms
Creamy Feta & Bacon Chicken with Roasted Kale & Zucchini
Vietnamese Pulled Beef with Garlic Cauliflower & Asparagus
BBQ Seasoned Ground Turkey with Cilantro Veggies CauliRice
Roasted White Fish Florentine with MPO Ratatouille
Menu Being Delivered On December 10th & 13th
Persian Grilled Chicken with Tomato Green Beans & Roasted Zucchini
Cajun Spice Braised Pork with Roasted Peppers & Cauliflower
Korean Ground Turkey Bowl w/ Sweet & Spicy CauliRice
Belgian Beef Stew w/ Roasted Mushrooms & Broccoli
Creamy Garlic Shrimp w/ Bok Choy & Roasted Cabbage
32g PROTEIN / 38g FAT / 8g NET CARBS / 500 kcal CALORIES
The meals you receive may not follow this menu exactly. We commonly do substitutions to use seasonal veggies and promote sustainable practices.
The Keto diet intentionally starves the body of carbs in order to induce ketosis, which is a natural process the body undergoes when deprived of foods. But rather than starving the body of food or calories, the Keto diet starves it of carbs and overloads it with fats to trigger the desired metabolic state.
Keto has been shown to be very effective in weight loss, and has also been linked to physical and mental performance benefits.
Our Keto meals:
- Contains about 450-500 calories
- Are nearly devoid of carbohydrates and high in healthy fats and proteins
- Help induce and maintain ketosis
- Have been shown to improve heart health, brain function, energy, and metabolism levels
Like with any diet or regimen, Meal Prep Ottawa recommends that you speak with your physician before committing to a Keto diet. Keto can be particularly shocking for your body and metabolism.
If you have selected “Ketogenic” as your meal plan choice most likely you know what you are getting yourself into, if not let us educate you exactly what “Keto”, short for “Ketogenic really means.
- Keto is a high fat (healthy fats on our plan), moderate protein, and low-carbohydrate program that forces the body to utilize fat as energy instead of carbohydrates.
- The human body uses either “Glucose” found in carbohydrates or “Ketones” found in fats as sources of energy.
- When strictly depriving the human body from Carbohydrates your body soon learns to burn Ketones which are produced by your liver
- It is very important to intake plentiful amounts of healthy fats and leafy green vegetables when following the Ketogenic way of life
- In order to achieve a state of “Ketosis”, where your body is utilizing “Ketones” as energy, you must strictly follow this program
- The average person reaches Ketosis within 2-10 days, must consume less than 30g of carbohydrates a day in most instances, remember that includes vegetables as well, which have carbs surprisingly
Benefits of following the “Keto” lifestyle are the following:
- Stimulate weight loss (great for weight loss challenges)
- Heart Health
- Brain Function
- Boost of Energy
- Boost to your metabolism
Exactly matches what I used to cook for myself. Vegetables, grains or starch, protein, weighed, labelled, not heavy on sauces.
Overall the meals are pretty good. I like the freshness and I do think everything is well cooked. There are a few dishes I wish had some more flavour/seasoning. For example the fish dish I got this week was bland. Not that anything tasts bad or frozen. I am happy with the meals overall, thank you.
I've been using MPO for several years now to help support my busy work life. The food tastes pretty good, portioned and packaged nicely, and significantly makes my life easier.
I've been a subscriber to the Keto Meal Plan for several months now. Excellent value for fresh, tasty meals that keep me on track. They have a great variety so it's not always the same thing over again, and with me and my partner eating very different diets this plan is perfect for me.
I love the Israeli chicken and the Vietnamese beef.