Order cut-off times: Friday 9am for Sunday delivery & Tuesday 9am for Wednesday delivery. CHEFS CHOICE ROTATING MENU
Meals Being Delivered From May 29th Until June 1st
Chicken a la King with Roasted Asparagus & Steamed Broccoli
Peruvian Grilled Chicken with Cabbage Arrimado & Roasted Zucchini
Chipotle Glazed Meatloaf with Mashed Turnip & Cheesy Brussels
Italian Pulled Beef with CauliRice & Seasoned Green Beans
Fennel & Thyme Braised Pork with Garlic Cauliflower & Roasted Peppers
Meals Being Delivered From June 5th Until June 8th
Creamy Herb Parmesan Chicken with Steamed Broccoli
Basil Pesto Chicken with Roasted Garlic Mushrooms & Cauliflower
Picadillo Beef with Roasted Zucchini & Peppers
Hungarian Braised Beef with Mixed Green & Yellow Beans
Sesame Crusted Pork Loin Chop with Spicy Brussels & Asparagus
32g PROTEIN / 38g FAT / 8g NET CARBS / 500 kcal CALORIES
The meals you receive may not follow this menu exactly. We commonly do substitutions to use seasonal veggies and promote sustainable practices.
The Keto diet intentionally starves the body of carbs in order to induce ketosis, which is a natural process the body undergoes when deprived of foods. But rather than starving the body food or calories, the Keto diet starves it of carbs and overloads it with fats to trigger the desired metabolic state.
Keto has been shown to be very effective in weight loss, and has also been linked to physical and mental performance benefits.
Our Keto meals:
- Contains about 450-500 calories
- Are nearly devoid of carbohydrates and high in healthy fats and proteins
- Help induce and maintain ketosis
- Have been shown to improve heart health, brain function, energy, and metabolism levels
Like with any diet or regimen, Meal Prep Ottawa recommends that you speak with your physician before committing to a Keto diet. Keto can be particularly shocking for your body and metabolism.
If you have selected “Ketogenic” as your meal plan choice most likely you know what you are getting yourself into, if not let us educate you exactly what “Keto”, short for “Ketogenic really means.
- Keto is a high fat (healthy fats on our plan), moderate protein, and low-carbohydrate program that forces the body to utilize fat as energy instead of carbohydrates.
- The human body uses either “Glucose” found in carbohydrates or “Ketones” found in fats as sources of energy.
- When strictly depriving the human body from Carbohydrates your body soon learns to burn Ketones which are produced by your liver
- It is very important to intake plentiful amounts of healthy fats and leafy green vegetables when following the Ketogenic way of life
- In order to achieve a state of “Ketosis”, where your body is utilizing “Ketones” as energy, you must strictly follow this program
- The average person reaches Ketosis within 2-10 days, must consume less than 30g of carbohydrates a day in most instances, remember that includes vegetables as well, which have carbs surprisingly
Benefits of following the “Keto” lifestyle are the following:
- Stimulate weight loss (great for weight loss challenges)
- Heart Health
- Brain Function
- Boost of Energy
- Boost to your metabolism