Order cut-off times: Friday 9am for Sunday delivery & Tuesday 9am for Wednesday delivery. CHEFS CHOICE ROTATING MENU
Meals Being Delivered From September 25th Until September 28th
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta with Parmesan Green Beans and Mushrooms
Pesto Chicken with Roasted Zucchini and Peppers
French Onion Meatloaf with Mashed Cauliflower and Kale
Bo Kho (Vietnamese Braised Beef) with Steamed Broccoli and Edamame
Smokey Chipotle Pork Chop with Cilantro Lime CauliRice and Asparagus
Meals Being Delivered From October 2nd Until October 5th
Firecracker Chicken with Garlic & Chive Turnip Mash and Broccoli
Rosè Chicken with Feta Cheese, Steamed Green Beans and Spaghetti Squash
Serbian Ground Beef with Mediterranean CauliRice and Mixed Vegetables
Ropa Vieja (Cuban) Pulled Beef with Roasted Zucchini & Mushrooms
Braised Korean Pork with Sesame Cauliflower and Edamame
32g PROTEIN / 38g FAT / 8g NET CARBS / 500 kcal CALORIES
The meals you receive may not follow this menu exactly. We commonly do substitutions to use seasonal veggies and promote sustainable practices.
The Keto diet intentionally starves the body of carbs in order to induce ketosis, which is a natural process the body undergoes when deprived of foods. But rather than starving the body of food or calories, the Keto diet starves it of carbs and overloads it with fats to trigger the desired metabolic state.
Keto has been shown to be very effective in weight loss, and has also been linked to physical and mental performance benefits.
Our Keto meals:
- Contains about 450-500 calories
- Are nearly devoid of carbohydrates and high in healthy fats and proteins
- Help induce and maintain ketosis
- Have been shown to improve heart health, brain function, energy, and metabolism levels
Like with any diet or regimen, Meal Prep Ottawa recommends that you speak with your physician before committing to a Keto diet. Keto can be particularly shocking for your body and metabolism.
If you have selected “Ketogenic” as your meal plan choice most likely you know what you are getting yourself into, if not let us educate you exactly what “Keto”, short for “Ketogenic really means.
- Keto is a high fat (healthy fats on our plan), moderate protein, and low-carbohydrate program that forces the body to utilize fat as energy instead of carbohydrates.
- The human body uses either “Glucose” found in carbohydrates or “Ketones” found in fats as sources of energy.
- When strictly depriving the human body from Carbohydrates your body soon learns to burn Ketones which are produced by your liver
- It is very important to intake plentiful amounts of healthy fats and leafy green vegetables when following the Ketogenic way of life
- In order to achieve a state of “Ketosis”, where your body is utilizing “Ketones” as energy, you must strictly follow this program
- The average person reaches Ketosis within 2-10 days, must consume less than 30g of carbohydrates a day in most instances, remember that includes vegetables as well, which have carbs surprisingly
Benefits of following the “Keto” lifestyle are the following:
- Stimulate weight loss (great for weight loss challenges)
- Heart Health
- Brain Function
- Boost of Energy
- Boost to your metabolism